UK Declaration of Conformity
The UK Declaration of Conformity is a document which must be drawn up for most products lawfully bearing a UKCA marking. We recommend that manufacturers have a separate UK Declaration of Conformity to their EU Declaration of Conformity.
In the document you as the manufacturer, or your authorised representative (where allowed for in the relevant legislation), should:
- declare that the product is in conformity with the relevant statutory requirements applicable to the specific product
- make sure the document has the name and address of the manufacturer (or your authorised representative) together with information about the product and the conformity assessment body (where relevant)
The UK Declaration of Conformity should be available to market surveillance authorities on request.
The information required on the Declaration of Conformity is largely the same as what was required on an EU Declaration of Conformity. This can vary depending on the application legislation but generally should include:
- your name and full business address or that of your authorised representative
- the product’s serial number, model or type identification
- a statement, stating you take full responsibility for the product’s compliance
- the details of the approved body which carried out the conformity assessment procedure (if applicable)
- the relevant legislation with which the product complies
- your name and signature
- the date the declaration was issued
- supplementary information (if applicable)